From codes of conduct to government policy options and the impact of trade agreements on worker rights, you can discover what the Maquila Solidarity Network is researching and advocating starting with the links below.
- Economic Crisis: MSN is tracking the crisis, its impacts on workers, and responses from various stakeholders, compiling relevant resources to help understand the crisis and how labour rights advocates can best respond.
- Worker Rights: What are the core labour rights workers are entitled to? How can they be enforced?
- Corporate accountability: How can companies improve their labour practices and those of their suppliers? Codes of conduct, monitoring, multi-stakeholder initiatives, purchasing practices, transparency, “sweat-free” products and more.
- Government policy: Some practical ways governments can take responsibility for protecting worker rights in apparel supply chains.
- Trade agreements: The Multi-Fibre Arrangement phaseout, NAFTA, the Cambodian experiment and more.