MUTUAC-MAS is a non-profit civil association founded in 1984 by a group of women trade unionists, feminists and academics, united with the aim of supporting and promoting the rights and the organization of women workers to improve their daily lives and work.
• Contribute to the elimination of all Forms of discrimination against women existing in the country. Together with other women's organizations, EMIH seeks to promote public policy proposals and changes in laws that undermine the integrity of women, and thus participate in shaping a new political and union culture.
• Conduct research on gender issues in economic sectors where workers are located.
• Disseminate information about gender issues in all public spaces and mass media where we have access.
• Promote self-organization of working women in workplaces and unions.
• Create spaces for women for their training in various subjects relating to their specific problems as a gender and as workers.
• Build self-esteem and leadership of women workers, in order to face the challenges presented to them in the current model of economic development.
• Promote the labour, sexual and reproductive rights of women workers.
Representatives of labour rights and women’s organizations from different regions in Mexico came together for a workshop of the Espacio network. This is the third workshop of the new network, which provides a space for the participating groups to do critical analysis and develop alternative strategies to tackle the impacts of global trade liberalization on the Mexican garment industry.
On August 18, 2005, MSN and the Mexican women's organization MUTUAC co-sponsored a one-day conference entitled "What lies ahead for the Mexican garment and textile industry? The impact of end of the MFA on the industry and labour rights" featuring presentations by representatives of Mexican garment manufacturing firms, the Mexican government, national and international labour organizations, leading international brands, and Mexican labour rights organizations. Read about it here.