Our Work in 2011
MSN promotes fair labour practices and respect for labour and women's rights through several interconnected strategies, including intensive work with partners in the South and advocacy, engagement and campaigning at the international level:
- Strengthening Southern Voices: MSN works with Southern partners to strengthen their capacity to document worker rights abuses and effectively engage with and pressure companies and government to respect worker rights.
- Facilitating South / South Exchange: MSN promotes exchange and collaboration among our Southern partners through information exchange, workshops and multi-stakeholder forums.
- Advocacy: MSN facilitates dialogue between our southern partners and international brands in order to push the brands to find solutions to systemic problems in their supplier factories.
- Engagement: MSN works at the international level to identify and promote industry-wide solutions to systemic problems in global supply chains and to promote both voluntary and regulatory approaches to reverse the ”race to the bottom” on wages, working conditions and workers’ rights.
- Campaigning: MSN promotes solidarity with workers in garment and other global supply chains struggling to win improved wages and working conditions and greater respect for their rights.